General information on cashing inShow me the answer.
What if I can't find my certificates - can I still cash in my Bonus Bonds?
Yes. You can cash in your Bonus Bonds if you don't have your certificates, either through MyBonusBonds or in person at an ANZ branch. If you're cashing in in person you'll need to bring appropriate identification.
If I cash in my Bonus Bonds, what is the last prize draw I am eligible to participate in?
You are still eligible for the prize draw for the month in which you cash in your Bonus Bonds. For example, if you cash in your Bonus Bonds on the fifth of February, your Bonus Bonds are still eligible for the February prize draw.
Why are certain Bonus Bonds not displayed for cashing in?
This is for the following reasons:
- If the Bonus Bonds have been purchased through any channel in the last 4 business days, these are not able to be cashed in through MyBonusBonds until 4 business days have elapsed. However a cash in request for these Bonus Bonds may be made at an ANZ branch at any time.
- If the funds used to purchase the Bonus Bonds have not been cleared.
- If they are part of a bondholding that requires more than one person to approve a cash in.
- If the Bonus Bonds have been recorded as stolen or have lending secured against them.
How will I know if my cash in request has been processed?
When you next log on to MyBonusBonds, you'll receive a message to say that your request has been processed. You can also see the status of your transactions by clicking on 'My current transactions'.
What if my computer crashes while I'm cashing in Bonus Bonds?
All your transactions made before the crash should have gone through, but if you want to make sure, restart your computer, log on to MyBonusBonds and click on 'My current transactions'. The status of any transaction you made through MyBonusBonds will show up, for example 'pending', 'in progress' or 'completed'.
Why have I received a cheque from Bonus Bonds?
You will have received a cheque if you have requested to do so and either; won a prize prior to September 2020 or cashed in Bonus Bonds prior to 7 August 2020.
Choosing different payment methods
- When you cash in Bonds or win a prize, you can have your payment direct credited to your bank account.
- You can also have prizes reinvested back into more Bonus Bonds.
With both of these options, we’ll also write to you and confirm when and how your payment has been made.
How to change your payment method
For prize payments:
To change your prize payment option for any prizes won in the future, simply visit any ANZ branch with appropriate identification and if you wish to have your prizes direct credited instead of reinvested back into more Bonus Bonds, please also bring your bank account number.
For cashing in Bonus Bonds:
When next cashing in your Bonus Bonds, simply tell us your bank account when you are in any ANZ branch and we will make payment directly into your account. Remember to bring appropriate identification.
If you’d like to manage this online in future, ask us about signing up for MyBonusBonds (our online service).
My bank no longer accepts the deposit of cheques
If your bank no longer accepts the deposit of cheques to your bank account, please bring the cheque for the Bonus Bonds prize or cash-in proceeds to any ANZ branch, along with appropriate identification, your bank account number and proof of bank account ownership – a bank statement or internet banking print out is acceptable. As a one off service we will organise for the payment to be credited to your bank account.
If the cheque was for a Bonus Bonds prize, you will need to authorise a change to your prize payment method to either reinvest back into Bonus Bonds or direct credit to your bank account. We will continue to write to you to confirm when any future prizes have been won and confirm how your prize has been paid.
If the cheque was for the proceeds of the cash-in of Bonus Bonds, for future cash-in requests be sure to bring your bank account number with you to ensure that you receive payment promptly.
ANZ is no longer accepting the deposits of cheques
Why are we making this change?
Removing cheques at ANZ has been a carefully considered decision, mainly because we have seen cheque usage decrease significantly over the years. Our customers have changed the ways they prefer to bank with us and we offer banking alternatives that are cheaper, faster and more secure than using cheques.
When is this happening?
We’re planning a phased approach over the next year to slowly remove the usage of cheques:
- After 30 November 2020 cheque books will no longer be issued.
- After 31 May 2021 you won’t be able to bank a cheque with ANZ. Some other banks may still accept cheques after this date but we’d encourage our customers to use other alternatives.
How do I change my prize payment option?
If you’re registered for MyBonusBonds, you can do it online –To arrange this, simply log into MyBonusBonds and go to ‘My Bondholding details’ and select the method you prefer. If you are choosing direct credit you can select from any of the bank accounts you have listed. If the account you wish to select is not listed, you can either;
- Download and complete a direct debit form, or
- Send us a secure message via Bondmail. Provide your bank account number and request that all future prizes are paid to this account, and Bonus Bonds will take care of the rest. NOTE: this will not enable you to purchase from or cash-in to this account – a direct debit is required for this functionality.
An advantage of this payment option is that you will receive the value of your prize quicker than previously with a cheque and we will continue to contact you if you have won a prize.
- If you’re an ANZ customer, you can call ANZ on 0800 266 374
If you’re not an ANZ customer, simply visit any ANZ branch with appropriate identification and proof of address (you can find details of acceptable identification and proof of address here).